Solid surface products are a man-made product produced from acrylic-based resin material. The design options with solid surface are limited only by your imagination; integrated designs or patterns are availabile and integrated sinks are one of the most popular options. This product can capture the subtle veining of granite, the deep colors of soapstone, or the exotic patterns of quartz with hundreds of choices and options.
While some solid surface materials are non-porous, it does requires a more TLC as it can be scratched or cut more easily than granite or quartz and can be damaged by extreme heat. However, on the upside, its surface can often be renewed by sanding or buffing.
It is produced in many well-known brands:
- Affordable on almost any budget
- Wide variety of colors and patterns
- Can integrate a sink or design
- Can often be easily repaired
- Mold, mildew and bacteria resistant
- Good for health care facilities and food service
- Easy cleaning and care
- Can fade – not suited for outdoor use
- Scratches easily
- Susceptible to scorching