Granite is a 100% natural stone that is quarried out of the ground, cut into blocks then processed into slabs used in fabrication. With granite, what you see is what you get. It’s nature at its finest and many of the more exotic slabs are as beautiful as any rare piece of art. Granite will not only enhance the beauty of your home, but will increase its value.
Each slab will be unique in the make up of crystals, veins and color. And it’s color will not lose it’s brilliance with time. The variations found in each individual slab should not be seen as a flaw, but you should think of them as characteristics that give each slab its unique, dramatic beauty that provide you with a distinctive look for your home.
Granite is mined from over 50 countries worldwide; Brazil, Canada, China, India, Italy, Norway, Sri Lanka and the US are just a few. We use the best quality of natural stone available through our purchasing power as a member of the Artisan Group. The Artisan line of granite purchased through our exclusive provider, AG&M, comes with a lifetime warranty.
This video – From the Quarry to the Kitchen by the Marble Institute of America shows the entire quarry process from beginning to installation in your home.
Here is another video to tell you more about AG&M granite and how it’s mined! Granite Video
Granite is a low maintenance material that is durable, stain and heat resistant making it a great choice in busy locations or kitchens. Granite has the widest price range of all countertop options with a selection to fit every budget.
- Many choices and styles
- Exquisite beauty and unique characteristics
- Extremely hard and durable
- Usable in wide range of applications and décors
- Holds up to heat and resist scratches
- Easy cleaning and low maintenance care (we recommend using the Artisan FirstLine Cleaning products)
- Naturally sanitary
- Wide range of prices
- Increases home/office value
- Very desirable by homebuyers
- Good for outdoor use
- Heavy – in some cases cabinetry might need reinforcing
- Extensive damage might not be repairable
For centuries marble has been considered a rare, one-of-a-kind stone and as one of the most luxuurious products available. It has been used as a building material for thousands of years and can enhance any design asthetic from formal to casual.
Marble reflects a quiet elegance with soft colors and distinctive veining. It is frequently used in bathrooms, fireplace surrounds and kitchens.
Marble is a softer and more porous stone which may require a little more TLC than granite or soapstone and makes it less suitable for active households. However, learning to properly care for it will ensure it retains its beauty and durability for years, or centuries to come.
- Exquisite beauty
- Used to create a elegant, formal décor
- Good for bathroom vanities, fireplace surrounds and tables
- Easy cleaning and low maintenance
- Not as durable
- Suseptible to chipping and scratching
- Suseptible to stains
- Not typically suited for active households
- Unique beauty
- Rich, dramatic characteristics
- Solid and durable, heat resistant
- Easy to repair and buff out scratches
- Can integrate soapstone sinks
- Easy cleaning and minimal maintenance with Saratoga Wax
- Very heavy – in some cases cabinetry might need reinforcing
- Limited color choices
- Suseptible to scratching
What Surface is Right for Me?
No one surface is perfect for everyone, so choosing the right one is important. There are plenty of urban legends out there, so we’ll happily help you decide what’s best for you.